Tuesday 27 January 2009

Altered Canvas -- ABAA / Frame --- Lots To Do



Here is a canvas I altered which fits two challenges this week.
Awfully Big Art Adventure --"Alter a Canvas"
and...Lots To Do---"Frame"...
I have turned over a canvas and used the back which I've covered with aged tissue...then PVA embossed it and added some embellishments.
I've put an old challenge piece in the frame but the colours of the frame were chosen to go with a lovely photo of my mum which I will put in after the challenge is over.
Thanks for dropping by x

11 comments:

Lavender Rose said...

Stunning!!!!!! I love the way you have altered this canvas, great colour combination and detail. Hope you will accept an award here on my blog:

http://lavenderosecraft.blogspot.com/

Rosie said...

Like the tissue technique very much. Great work and thanks for taking part in our challenge.
Love
Rosie ABAA

Linda Vincent said...

Hi ...thanks for joining in with our challenge - such a pretty canvas!
Linda
PS If you want to enter my give-away you need to leave a comment on my blog here: www.lindavincent.blogspot.com

Linda Vincent said...

PS You are in the draw.... thank you.

crafty creations said...

Rubymay it's absolutely stunning - love the texture you have created and the colours are gorgeous. A beautiful housing for your dear mums photo

Thank you so much for joining the Lotstodo again challenge this week

Sandy said...

Wow this is stunning.
So fabulous canvas, love them.

voodoo vixen said...

Ruby, this makes me wish I had put a couple of my canvases in the air shipment so I could turn one over and have a play!

~*~Patty S said...

So lovely RubyMay, great textures too!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, love the texture and vintage lace!

Jaqi said...

Wow, this is lovely , Well done Jaqi

Chris said...

Wonderful!! such a beautiful canvas and stunning detail... love all the texture and the colours :D
hugs
Chris xx