Tuesday 7 April 2009

Crazy Background for SaWo and Tim Holtz for Crazy Amigos


Heres an ATC for the challenge at SaWo which is "Crazy Background" and also for the challenge at Crazy Amigos which is "Tim Holtz"
I thought it would be fun to use an invoice from The Artistic Stamper to put my background on so I scrunched it up and scuffed it with Rangers Distress ink and then sprayed it with water. I added some drops of gold alchohol ink and then ironed the paper flat. (one of Tim Holtz techniques on his DVD)
I cut a piece of my paper for the ATC and put it onto cardstock and edged it with gold dabber. As the invoice had been for T.H. ideology masks I used one of the masks to make borders with a gold dabber.
The invoice printing (The Artistic Stamper) was showing through so I thought I'd do some stamping and colour it.
Thanks for looking !

23 comments:

Glycérine said...

wow great !! :)

Genie said...

A beautiful Piece of artwork
love the colour.
Happy Easter

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

Really Love how this piece came about RubyMay and with such beautiful results!!!

Sandy said...

Wow this is fantastic.
Really stunning background. Love them.

Thanks Ruby May for this wonderful entry to SaWo.

Rika said...

Great ATC!

Lisa said...

Aren't you the clever one!! I like it.

Buffy said...

Love the background. Beautiful.

Amy said...

superb and creative

Lynn said...

Great idea using your invoice, I love all the texture on this :)

Martina said...

Wow what a fantastic artwork.
Unbelievable background.

Connie said...

Really stunning!!!! Love it!!

Faye said...

Your crazy background is beautiful, RubyMay.
Faye

Sue said...

what a fantastic atc, and a great description of how you made it. It's a fab idea to use a crafty stash invoice xx

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Wow! what afab idea! love the use of the paper.. recycling at its best!
Jennie x

Vintage Papers said...

your background is amazing! love the results of it. thank you for the kind comments about the altered pieces - it's taken over two weeks to get my things *somewhat* into place. I know that this area will be better to create in, but it is hard getting used to where my supplies are located! Have a Happy Easter! :)

Char said...

The both of your Fossils are fabulous.

Claireabelle said...

I say this on Jennie's blog, it's fabulous!
x

Artyjen said...

Just seen this on the Artistic Stamper & popped by to say great piece.
xoxo

Flippinpest said...

Great way to recycle and the result is stunning

Hels Sheridan said...

Wow, cool idea, and...I may just borrow this cos it covers up how much we spend...so the OH's will never know!! LOL Love the innovative idea hun ... thanks for sharing! Hels x

Merry said...

Fantastic idea.

Gaby Bee said...

This piece is fantastic. Beautifully done! Fabulous texture!
Gaby xo

Sammy said...

This is beautiful.. and the whole site is. I got here looking for some Tim Holtz tutorials. ahahaha. Great site. Might try this for my new Tim Holtz stamps.